Terms and Conditions for Registration of Participants for Professional Conversion Programmes
- Supply Chain & Logistics Academy Pte Ltd is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the applicant’s personal information and undertakes not to reveal any of the applicant’s information to any third party except where necessary for claims processing.
- The registration form and payment must be submitted either in person or by post to the following address, at least 2 weeks before the commencement of the course.
- The full address is:
Supply Chain & Logistics Academy Pte Ltd
Supply Chain City
8 Bulim Avenue, #08-08
- Full course fee is S$11,530.00 (before GST). The government provides 70 percent course fee funding through Workforce Singapore (WSG). Companies are required to pay the amount of S$3,459.00 (before GST) upon registration, being the balance 30 percent of the course fee.
- Such fee paid is non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- All fees payable is subject to Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the prevailing rate.
- Cheques are to be made out to “Supply Chain & Logistics Academy Pte Ltd”
- SCALA runs the Logistics Professional Conversion Programme (LPCP) and the Supply Chain Professional Conversion Programme (SCPCP). The LPCP lasts one year comprising 18 days of face-to-face training, spread over 12 months, held at SCALA or a venue appointed by SCALA; 12 sessions of mentoring held once a month at a venue arranged between mentor and participant; and in-company On-The-Job Training conducted by company supervisors/ trainers. Participants are required to attend all classes and mentoring sessions.
- The SCPCP also lasts one year, but comprises 16 days of face-to-face training, spread over 12 months, held at SCALA or a venue appointed by SCALA; 12 sessions of mentoring held once a month at a venue arranged between mentor and participant; and in-company On-The-Job Training conducted by company supervisors/ trainers. Participants are required to attend all classes and mentoring sessions.
- The participant’s immediate supervisor is responsible for attainment of On-The-Job Training (OJT) competencies. Supervisors are required to attend SCALA’s Train-The-Trainer workshop, and refer to the OJT Handbook found online at www.scala.com.sg/resources.
- All participants will be assigned an external mentor. Participating companies may also appoint their own mentor for the participant. Such mentors will have to be trained and approved by SCALA.
- Participants are required to maintain a minimum of 90% attendance for each and every class. A medical certificate is required for absence from class due to medical reasons. Non-medical absenteeism is to be accompanied by the Absentee Form found online at www.scala.com.sg/resources.
- The course schedule provided is subject to change. Supply Chain & Logistics Academy Pte Ltd reserves the right to reschedule the classes with 14 days’ prior notice.
- All full-day classes are from 9am to 5pm; and half-day classes are 9am to 1pm (morning) or 1pm to 5pm (afternoon). Participants are required to be on time.
15. Trainees must be punctual on the day of assessment. Participants who arrive late may be barred from taking the assessment.
16. If the trainee is found cheating, he/she will be barred from the assessment, and Supply Chain & Logistics Academy Pte Ltd will reserve the rights to take the necessary actions deemed appropriate by SCALA Management and WSG.
Statement of Attainment (SOA):
17. Upon the trainee receiving a “Competent” assessment in the specific WSQ Course that he/she was assessed on, the trainee will receive an email to download the Statement of Attainment (SOA) from SkillsConnect.
18. There are six (6) SOAs for the LPCP and eight (8) SOAs for the SCPCP.
Enhanced Course Fee:
19. Enhanced course fee funding of further 20% is accorded to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and to companies who hire Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above. Eligible companies can only claim this component after trainee has completed the facilitated training and attains all the requisite SOAs at the end of the programme through Fund Management System (FMS). In order to be eligible for the enhanced subsidy, eligible companies are required to submit their application within 30 days from the start of the programme. Please see the process for claiming the enhanced funding on the resources page at www.scala.com.sg/resources.